For an Emergency call 911

To request an Officer for a non-emergency situation, call our 24-hour dispatch at 608-254-8331.

Our business office can be reached at 608-254-7571 (Business hours, M-F).

Our fax number is 608-254-4651.
Our address is:
Lake Delton Police Department
50 Wisconsin Dells Pkwy. S.
PO Box 510
Lake Delton, WI 53940

You can also contact an officer by email – please check the Staff page.

Send general email inquiries to

Q. How can I pay for a citation I received in Lake Delton?

A. If it is BEFORE the court date, you can pay via check or cash (must be exact change only) at the Lake Delton Police Department.

You can also pay via credit card by calling 1-866-480-8552 or online at Service fees may be added for phone or online payments.

LDPD does not accept in-person payments after the court date. If the court date has passed, use the phone number or website above to make payment or contact the Clerk of Circuit Court at 608-355-3287.


Parking tickets must be paid directly at the Lake Delton Police Department by cash or check only. They can also be mailed to PO BOX 510, Lake Delton WI 53940.

Q: How do I get a copy of my incident report?

A: Print an Open Records Request form. Send the completed form with a self-addressed stamped envelope and payment to:

Lake Delton Police Department
Attn: Records
PO Box 510
Lake Delton, WI 53940

Please allow up to 10 business days to process your request.

Q: How do I get a copy of my vehicle accident report?

A: Vehicle accident reports (beginning April 2018) are now available online at

Please allow up to 10 business days to process your request.

If you are requesting a report from before April 2018, you do still need to fill out the Open Records Request form and submit it to the Police Department.

Q: How can I obtain a restraining order?

A: For Wisconsin residents, contact your county Clerk of Courts Office.
Sauk County Clerk of Courts phone number is (608) 355-3287.

Q: Where can I obtain a Temporary License Plate for my car?

A: Lake Delton Police Department does not offer DOT services. Find the location nearest you by visiting

Q. Is there a curfew in Lake Delton?

A. Yes, a curfew for young people is enforced in Lake Delton. Under the ordinance governing this, it is illegal for people under the age of 15 years to be or remain in or on any of the public streets, sidewalks, alleys or public places of the Village of Lake Delton between the hours of 11:00 p.m. and 5:00 a.m., unless such person is accompanied by his/her parent, guardian or other individual having custody of such person.

In addition, no person, fifteen through 17 years of age shall be or remain in or upon any of the public streets, sidewalks, alleys or public places of the Village of Lake Delton between the hours of 11:00 p.m. and 5:00 a.m., Sunday evening through Friday morning, and between the hours of 1:00 a.m. and 5:00 a.m. on Saturday and Sunday morning, unless such person is accompanied by his/her parent, guardian or other individual having custody of such person.

This ordinance does not apply to any person under the age of 18 who is required to use the streets, alleys or public places of the Village during the hours named, for the purpose of going to or returning from his/her place of employment, but no more than reasonable time shall be allowed for going to and returning from such employment.

It is also unlawful for any parent, guardian or other individual having custody of any person under the age of eighteen years to allow or permit such person to violate the provisions of this ordinance.

Q. What are the laws pertaining to alcohol?

A. Bar closing hours are 2:00 a.m. Sunday night through Thursday night and 2:30 a.m. on Friday and Saturday nights.

Open intoxicants are prohibited by Village ordinance on any thoroughfare, street, alley, sidewalk, or parking lot, either public or privately owned and open to the public.

Juvenile/underage alcohol laws are strictly enforced, with a zero tolerance for this type of activity by all officers.

Q. Parking Enforcement?

A. There are no parking meters in the Village of Lake Delton. Handicapped, no parking/restricted parking and trespass parking are all strictly enforced, LOOK FOR SIGNS. Disabled parking identification cards must be displayed properly by hanging them from the inside rear view mirror of the vehicle unless a special exception has been obtained from the Dept. of Transportation. Overnight RV parking is not allowed in any place (including Wal-Mart) other than a licensed campground.

Alternate side parking in the Village takes effect on December 1st and runs through March 15th each year. Between the hours of 12:00 midnight and 6:00 a.m., vehicles shall be parked on the even numbered side of the street on even numbered days of the month and on the odd numbered side of the street on odd numbered days of the month. Please be aware of what day it will be after midnight of the evening you park.

Q: What out of state concealed carry permits are honored in Wisconsin?

A: Wisconsin Honors Permits from these States: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virgin Islands, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wyoming. Wisconsin Does Not Honor Permits from these States: Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Guam, Maine, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York City, Oklahoma, Oregon, Rhode Island, Vermont, American Samoa, N. Mariana Islands

Q. How can I have a salvage vehicle inspected?

A. When a vehicle is branded salvage due to hail damage, motor vehicle crash, flood damage, etc., the State of Wisconsin requires that the owner of the vehicle have the vehicle inspected by a certified law enforcement inspector for it to be registered in the state. The Lake Delton Police Department has a certified inspector on staff to conduct these inspections. Inspections will only take place at the Lake Delton Police Department.

Call our office to schedule an inspection at (608)254-7571. Inspections will not be conducted without a scheduled appointment.

You will need the following documents at your inspection:

  1. Wisconsin Salvage Vehicle Title
  2. Application for Certificate of Title & Registration, in the name of the applicant (form mv1)
  3. Salvage affidavit of major parts of the vehicle  identifying each major part of the vehicle that has been replaced on the vehicle or stating that no major part of the vehicle has been replaced (form mv2673)
  4. The original bill of sale received by the applicant for each major part of the vehicle that has been replaced containing a description of the transaction including:
    a. The name of the major part.
    b. The model year, make and identification number of the vehicle from which the major part was obtained.
    c. The date of the transaction.
    d. The signature of the person selling or disposing of the major part.
    e. The name of the customer.
    f. The amount paid for the major part.
    g. If the vehicle from which a major part was obtained is not known or determinable by the seller, the bill of sale shall identify the seller and state that the source is unknown.
  5. Four legible pictures of the vehicle taken prior to the commencement of any repair or restoration of the salvage vehicle clearly showing the damage to the vehicle. One picture shall show each side of the vehicle: front, back, driver and passenger sides.
  6. Any agent certification submitted
  7.  A properly−addressed envelope for mailing the application to the department with two (2) US postage stamps

Q. Do you offer fingerprint services?

A. Fingerprinting services are available through the Lake Delton Police Department for the general public or those applying for professional licenses. The cost is $10 per fingerprint card, cash only. No check or credit card transactions will be accepted. In order to receive the service you must provide a valid U.S. government issued picture I.D. and the fingerprint cards to be used. Fingerprinting services are available Monday-Friday by appointment only. Call (608)254-7571 to set up an appointment.

Q. How can I do a ride along with Lake Delton Police Department?

A. The 1st step is to fill out a Ride along application and submit it to the department for approval. After it’s been approved, you’ll be contacted by a staff member to arrange a date for your ride along.