90 Progressive Drive
This is a free public skate park.
Hours of operation will be 8 am to dusk weather permitting. Public Restrooms are located at the Poppy Waterman Ice Arena next to Captain Bob’s Park on Miller Drive.
Closed from First Snow Fall until May 1st Annually
The skate park will not be open in the Spring until May 1st or till all the frost is out of the ground to prevent frost heaving (to keep the concrete from flaking) it will also be closed in for annual maintenance in the spring and fall.
Closed for repairs April 2019. Coping is being replaced.
Lake Delton Skate Park Events
- April 1 – April 30th 2019 Repair and Maintenance of Skatepark
- May 1, 2019 Skate Park Opens until First Snow Fall in 2019
- Friday, June 21, 2019 is Go Skateboarding Day
SKATE PARK GUIDELINES
THIS IS AN UNSUPERVISED FACILITY
PLAY SAFE – KNOW YOUR ABILITIES
The following guidelines are STRONGLY recommended:
- Enter and skate at your own risk
- Only skaters are permitted no bikes, scooters or motorized vehicles.
- Protective equipment is recommended to be used at all times. (Injuries are no fun!)
- Inspect skating surfaces before use. Remove trash or debris that may prevent a smooth, safe ride. Do not skate on damaged surfaces, when wet, raining, during electrical storms, ice, snow or during maintenance.
- Look before you go…don’t drop-in on others…wait your turn.
- Play nice!
- No horseplay, pushing, shoving, or fighting.
- Know your limits; do not use ramps or rails beyond your ability level.
- Additional obstacles or other materials (ramps/jumps) may not be used in the skate facility. Do not bring any personal ramps or rails into this facility. No modifications to existing ramps are permitted.
- Headphones and music devices should not be used while riding.
- Children under the age of 10 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Skate Park is open from 7 am to Dusk.
- No glass containers, food or drink allowed on skate park surfaces.
- NO DRUGS OR GRAFFITTI ALLOWED
- NO ALCOHOL OR TABACCO PRODUCTS ALLOWED
- Spectators are welcome, but not allowed on the skate park surfaces.
- Village of Lake Delton reserves the right to close the skate facility, including for programmed events.
- Competitive events or demonstrations require prior approval from the Village of Lake Delton. For further information call the clerk’s office at 608-254-2558
LAKE DELTON SKATE PARK
90 Progressive Drive
WISCONSIN LAW PROVIDES
(SECTION 895.52 AND 895.525 WISCONSIN STATUES)
A PARTICIPANT IN A RECREATION ACTIVITY ACCEPTS THE RISKS INHERENT IN THE RECREATION ACTIVITY OF THE ORDINARY PRUDENT PERSON IS OR SHOULD BE AWARE, AS A PARTICIAPANT IN THE VILLAGE’S SKATEBOARD FACITITY YOU ARE USING THIS VILLAGE FACILITY WITH THE FULL UNDERSTAND AND ACCEPTANCE OF THE INHERENT RISKS INVOLVED IN THIS RECREATIONAL ACTIVITY.
FURTHERMORE, EXCEPT AS MAY BE PROVIDED IN SECTION 895.5 WISCONSIN STATUTES KNOW THAT THE VILLAGE, ITS OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY PERSONAL INJURY OR DAMAGE TO PERSONAL PROPERTY THAT MIGHT RESULT FROM THE USE OF THIS RECREATIONAL FACILITY. PARTISIPANTS ARE REQUIRED TO DO ALL OF THE FOLLOWING WHILE USING THIS FACILITY.
- ACT WITHIN THE LIMITS OF HIS OR HERE ABLILITY.
- HEED ALL WARNING REGUARDING THE USE OF THE FACILITY.
- MAINTAIN CONTROL OF HIS OR HER PERSON AND ANY EQUIPMENT.
- REFRAIN FROM ACTING IN A MANNER THAT MAY CAUSE OR CONTRIBUTE TO INJURY TO HIMSELF, HERSELF OR TO ANOTHER PERSON.
SKATE AT YOUR OWN RISK!
- SKATEBOARDS AND IN-LINE SKATES ONLY
- STRONGLY RECOMMEND USE OF HELMETS, KNEE AND ELBOW PADS
- FACILITY OPEN FROM 7 AM – DUSK
BICYCLES, SCOOTERS OR MOTORIZED VEHICLES
FOOD, DRINKS OR TABACCO PRODUCTS
ALCOHOL OR DRUGS
GRAFFITI, TAGGING OR STICKERS
PROFANITY, LOUD MUSIC OR DISORDERLY BEHAVIOR
Protect your skate park from graffiti and abuse
GRAFFITI = PARK CLOSED
IN AN EMERGENCY CALL 911
Lake Delton Skate Park
Lake Delton, Wisconsin
Special Thank you to these wonderful donators:
- Lake Delton Businessmen’s Association
- Polish American Businessmen’s Association (PABA)
- Michael D Beale
- D & D Products Inc
- Steven’s Construction Corporation
- Spring Brook
- Tony Hawk Foundation – Grant
- Dells Delton Skate Park Association
Sponsors of In Kind Donations
- Buffalo Phils/Knuckleheads (Judy & Turk Waterman)
- Earthworks Excavating & Landscaping(Roman & Patty Kuzyk)
- Wieser Concrete Products Inc
- Crawford Oil Company
- Wayne Manternach
- Andy Waterman
- Allen Steele Company
- Lycon Inc
- DRM Industries Corp.
- The Home Depot
- Hilltop AG Repair
- Baldwin Electric
- Sherwin-Williams – Store 3049
- Burgess Septic Tank & Portable Toilet Service
- Waste Management
- County Materials
- Scott Construction Company
- Riverside Rent All
- Wally & Kim Czuprynko
- Kempley’s Sod Farm
- Classic Concrete & Construction Inc.
- Wisconsin Landscaping
Village of Lake Delton
Parks & Recreation Committee Members
- Frank J Kaminski
- Doug Clausen
- Steven Haupt
- Gordon Preigel
- Kay C Mackesey
The Village of Lake Delton Parks and Recreation Committee wishes to express their gratitude to all who helped us achieve our goal so far for the benefit of many children and adults for years to come.
A special thank you goes to Dreamland Skate Parks LLC – Mark & Danyel Scott and their construction crew of Tony Johnson, Jack Marsh, Billy , Aaron Rawlings, Glen , Jeff , Tommy Antonetti who had the vision, knowledge, skill and foresight to design and construct a “Great Skate Park.”