Here is a list of available Taxi companies in Lake Delton
A1 Wisconsin Dells Kangaroo Taxi – (608) 432-4627
AAA Taxi (877) 354-6420
City Taxi (608) 448-1818
Dells Cab Company (608) 434-3166
Sureway Taxi (608)253-212
Wisconsin Dells Taxi (608) 253-7433
If you do use a taxi, make sure you know where you are going. When you get into a taxi, check in the front of the dashboard for an ID card of the driver with a picture and a meter which tells you how much you are being charged per minute. If you do not see an ID card and a meter, leave the taxi immediately.
Places that sell bicycles:
Walmart– 130 Commerce St. www.walmart.com
Bicycles– 110 N. Judson St. Located behind the Lake Delton Post Office
In the U.S., few people walk or ride bikes. Therefore, drivers are not used to paying attention to pedestrians or bikers. It is very important that you pay attention yourself. If you do not, you can get into a very serious or fatal accident. Please be careful since these accidents can happen very easily.
WARNING: Do not buy bikes used that have not been inspected or repaired! If someone arrives at your workplace with used bicycles, you must make sure the bike is in good working order. Some used bikes are not safe and once you buy the bike it becomes yours.
When riding your bike:
- Obey all traffic signals, signs, and pavement markings.
- Do not ride against the direction of traffic.
- Ride on the far right-hand side of the road.
- Use lights and reflectors when riding at night.
- Pay close attention to pedestrians.
- Be aware of auto drivers’ rights to turn right on red light.
- Use bike lanes where available
Unfortunately Lake Delton does not have a regional or international airport. The closest such airports are:
- Dane County Regional Airport
- 4000 International Ln
- Madison, WI 53704
- (608) 246-3380
- General Mitchell International Airport
- 5300 S. Howell Ave.
- Milwaukee, WI 53207
- (414) 747-5300
- O’hare International Airport
- 10000 W. O’hare Ave.
- Chicago, IL 60666
- (800) 832-6352