- Keep your money in a safe place.
- Use an ATM card for purchases instead of carrying cash on you.
- Avoid getting your money stolen or loosing your money.
- Wire your money to your home country.
- Use Internet banking for a quick overview of your account balance.
- Keep your passport and other valuables safe in a safe deposit box.
What You Need to Open an Account:
- Passport with J1 visa and DS-2019 and I-94 attached.
- Social Security number OR receipt of your application for Social Security card.
- You will need to fill out an application at the bank.
- Contact your sponsor for approved banking locations.