The Village of Lake Delton owns a sophisticated outdoor warning system, i.e. tornado sirens.
Sirens are an outdoor warning system designed only to alert those who are outside that something dangerous is approaching.
The outdoor sirens are activated by the Sauk County Communications Center when a Tornado Warning has been issued that involves the Village of Lake Delton or surrounding area; secondary activation site is the Lake Delton Fire/EMS Facility/EOC. The siren is a steady wail sound that lasts for approximately three minutes.
The sirens are tested monthly on the first Wednesday at noon.
The Village of Lake Delton owns five outdoor sirens and are located in the following areas:
- Progressive Drive at Miller Drive (near the indoor ice rink)
- Commerce Street at Xanadu Road (next to Wal-Mart)
- Red bird Avenue and Parkway Drive
- Bonanza Drive (Bonanza Campground)
- Bunker Road (Wild Rock Golf Course)