Election & Voting Information:

Please select Calendar above and select date of Election to find all Election Notices

Notice of Outstanding Provisional ballots

The Village of Lake Delton, Sauk County had zero (0) outstanding provisional ballots for the April 5, 2022 Spring Election


Dated this 5th day of April, 2022

Polling Place Accessibility and Assistance


The ExpressVote can serve every eligible voter, including those with special needs. As a fully compliant ADA voting solution, the ExpressVote allows both standing and seated voters to mark and cast their vote summary cards independently. An accessible keypad equipped with braille and the ability to use rocker panel and Sip-and-Puff devices make the ExpressVote a truly universal solution.

Seated voting

Seniors or other voters, who prefer to vote an optical scan ballot, who prefer to, sit down while voting may choose to make selections at the low tabletop and chair.  It will also accommodate voters who use wheelchairs.

Optical scan ballots (Paper Ballots) are usually marked in one of the standing voting booths.

Voting assistance

If you have difficulty marking an optical scan ballot or making selections on the touch screen, you may request assistance from a friend, relative or election official.

Under Wisconsin state law, the individual providing assistance must sign the Certificate of Elector Assistance on front of the ballot.


Hand-held magnifying glass for visually impaired voters is available for marking the optical scan ballots. Ask an election official to use one at the polling place.

The ExpressVote screen can be magnified and resolution changed by each voter to their desired need.

Election Dates

Election Dates, Voting Information and Sample Ballots (when available) can be found at: My Vote Wisconsin

How to run for Village Trustee FAQ’s:

Am I Eligible to Run for Village Trustee? If you answer yes to the following: Citizen of the United States of America , Resident of the Village of Lake Delton, 18 years of age or older,  not a convicted felon  and effective in 2006 you must be a registered voter of the Village of Lake Delton

What do I do first? December 1 is the first day to register with Clerk-Treasurer-Coordinator and fill out paperwork (ETHCF-1, EL-169, EL-162) before you accept donations or begin campaigning or circulating papers for the spring election.

What is the earliest date to circulate nomination papers? Papers for the spring election, may not be circulated prior to December 1

When is the deadline for filing nomination papers? They must be filed no later than 5 p.m. on the first Tuesday in January preceding the election

What is the minimum number of signatures required? (Get 20% extra) 20

Do I need to file campaign finance reports? If you don’t anticipate accepting contributions, making disbursements, incurring loans, or other obligations exceeding $1,000.00 and you don’t anticipate accepting contributions exceeding $100.00 from one source in a calendar year, then you may be exempt from filing campaign finance reports.

Who can sign my nomination papers?

  • Each signer must live within the Village of Lake Delton
  • Electors must sign their own name unless unable to do so because of physical disability.
  • A person may not sign for his or her spouse, or for any other person, even when they have been given a power of attorney by that person.
  • Only one signature per person for the same office is valid.
  • A complete address, including municipality of residence for voting purposes, and the street and number, if any, of the residence, (or postal address if it is located in the jurisdiction that the candidate seeks to represent), shall be listed for each signature on the nomination paper.
  • The date of the signature must be included.
  • The elector must be 18 years of age at the time the paper is signed.

These are the forms you will get from the Village Clerk-Treasurer-Coordinator:

Can I purchase a copy of voter’s names and mailing address for Village of Lake Delton, can I get that from the Municipal Clerk? 

No, you will need to see information under the Voter Data List tab


BADGER Voters – An Online Voter Data Request Site

BADGER Voters, (https://badgervoters.wi.gov/),  is a website established by the State of Wisconsin Elections Commission to provide a simple and automated way for the public to request voter data lists.

There is a subscription option for absentee data. Select the subscription option, and then select how often you would like to receive updates. If the data you requested changes in that time period, you will be notified and provided a chance to purchase the updated list and only pay for the new records.

The base fee for a request is $25. Additionally, there is a fee of $5 for every thousand records returned by the request, rounded up to a thousand if less than one thousand, or to the nearest thousand if more. The fee is capped at $12,500. If the request would cost more than that amount, it will instead cost $12,500.

Custom requests may incur an additional charge of $75 per half hour of development time required to complete the request. Requests requiring less than fifteen minutes will not be charged this fee.

For the subscription, you will have to pay the full base fee for the initial request, plus a $25 fee for the subscription. However, updates to that subscription will only cost $5 for every thousand new records. There is no base fee for updates, and no charge for records already purchased.

How to vote on Election Day at the Polling Place?

Procedure for registered elector (or after filling out a complete Election Day Registration form) appearing at the Polling Place.

1. The elector MUST announce his or her name to the election inspectors. Along with correct physical address.

2. The elector will be asked for PHOTO ID

Please see below for a list of documents that constitute acceptable photo ID:

  • A Wisconsin DOT-issued driver license, even if driving privileges are revoked or suspended
  • A Wisconsin DOT-issued identification card
  • A Military ID card issued by a U.S. uniformed service
  • A U.S. passport

Identifications above must have an expiration date after the November 2, 2010 election.

  • A certificate of naturalization that was issued not earlier than two years before the date of an election at which it is presented
  • An unexpired driving receipt issued by Wisconsin DOT
  • An unexpired identification card receipt issued by Wisconsin DOT
  • An identification card issued by a federally recognized Indian tribe in Wisconsin
  • An unexpired identification card issued by a Wisconsin-accredited university or college that contains the following:– Date of issuance, Signature of student, and expiration date not later than two years after date of issuance. Student must also provide proof of enrollment with ID

3. The Voter MUST make their signature on the poll list next to his or her name. If the voter refuses, a ballot shall not be issued.

4. A voter number will then be assigned to the elector

5. Once the elector’s voter number has been recorded on both poll lists, he or she is given their ballot. Be sure to ask if you have any questions about how to correctly cast your ballot.

6. Elector goes directly to the voting booth to mark his or her ballot.

7. The Elector then places his or her voted ballot into the ballot box.

8. The voter should then leave the polling place unless he or she intends to stay as an observer. (See below).

How long may a voter linger at the polling place on election day?

Anyone can remain at the polling place for purposes of observing the election. They must sign in to be an observer. They may not, however, interfere with the orderly conduct of the election. A candidate must leave the polling place after voting to avoid the appearance of electioneering.